- 1 (12-16oz) A5 Wagyu Ribeye or Strip, cut into 4 cutlet shaped pieces
- Cooking oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Japanese BBQ Sauce
- 8 slices Japanese milk bread
- 2 Tbsp Regalis Truffle Butter
- 2 oz Regalis Caviar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
A5 Wagyu Sando
Serving Size: 4 whole Sando's
1. Set up a breading station: pour flour on a plate, whisk egg and place in a shallow bowl, and place panko on another plate.
2. In a cast iron pan, heat 1 ½ inches of high heat cooking oil to 375°F
3. Season each piece of A5 with salt and pepper, then dredge in the flour, tapping off any excess. Dip in the whisk eggs and then finish in the panko, pressing gently to ensure the panko sticks and you have a crust.
4. Fry each piece of A5 for about 45-60 seconds per side until golden brown and crispy. You’re looking to warm the interior fats of the beef and not overcook.
Remove and rest for 2 minutes.
5. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Butter the milk bread with truffle butter on one side and gently toast.
6. To assemble the sandos: spread Japanese BBQ sauce on the bread, place your A5 katsu, and top with another piece of bread.
7. Slice the sando in half and top with Regalis Caviar, and enjoy!