Braised Spanish Octopus
1. Defrost the Spanish octopus fully by placing it in water for about 2-3 hours, and once defrosted clean thoroughly with cold running water.
2. In a large pot, fry the moo (or daikon), and jalapeño in canola oil over medium heat until the aromatics are released.
3. Pour 2 liters of water into the pot and place the octopus and kelp. Over high heat, bring to a boil.
4. Once boiling, turn the heat down to medium-low and lightly boiling for 1 to 1.5 hours.
5. Remove the octopus and once it cools down, use a sharp knife or a scissor to separate each leg.
Final Preparation - For 1 Portion
1. First, pat dry the octopus legs fully. Coat the octopus in oil, and grill on a fully preheated grill until evenly cooked and browned. Remove from heat.
2. Atop the serving plate, place one full tablespoon of the strawberry gochujang sauce. Spread out thinly across the plate to desired effect, using the back of the spoon.
3. Slice the octopus legs diagonally, in about 1 inch thickness slices.
4. Garnish the octopus with preferred chopped herbs - we recommend parsley and cilantro - and lemon juice. Enjoy!
Bacon and Scallop Kochi
1. Wrap each scallop with a thin piece of bacon.
2. Using a skewer, pierce about 3 bacon wrapped scallops in total, making one kochi.
3. If the bacon is thick, you can alternate the bacon (stick it through the same slice multiple times, in a wavy folded pattern) and scallop.
4. Lightly salt and pepper the kochi and rub a small amount of oil to pre-season the kochi.
Doenjang and Sesame Sauce
In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients until fully incorporated.
1. On a heated grill, place the kochis and grill on each side for 2-3 minutes until fully cooked.
2. Place the cooked kochis on the serving plate, and using a spoon place a generous amount of the doenjang and sesame sauce atop each kochi. Enjoy!
Atop freshly cooked, hot white rice, pour over the bonji mix and mix until fully incorporated.
1. Clean the sweet shrimp by removing the head and its innards (the head can be used separately for grilling or frying to eat).
2. Mix all other ingredients until fully combined, and place the cleaned shrimps to marinate for about five minutes.
To eat, place a spoonful of bonji rice, a bit of wasabi to taste, micro wasabi, and two marinated sweet shrimps atop roasted laver seaweed. Enjoy!