1. Make kelp anchovy stock- in a pot bring cold water, anchovy and kelp to simmer. When it starts to simmer lower the heat and cook for 20 minutes. Strain and reserve stock.
2. Place an earthenware dish or medium heavy bottom pot on a medium high heat. Once it’s hot, sear all sides of pork belly until golden brown. Take out belly, reserve on the side and add daikon to the pot and caramelize.
3. Once daikon is ready, add back pork belly and kelp anchovy stock. Bring to boil.
4. Add onions and potatoes. Cook until tender, about 30 minutes.
5. Dissolve soybean paste into stew, season with soy sauce, mirin, garlic and fish sauce. Finish with a pinch of gochugaru, shiitake and jalapeno, and their broth on top. Garnish with the scallion rings and black truffle.