Eggplant with Cherry Blossoms and Egg Yolk - Serves 4
• Grill the eggplant with its skin on until it is fully charred. Place in a covered container for 20 minutes to steam. Peel skin off and cut into 1 inch cubes. Place in between sheets of kombu, salt to taste and let sit for 4 hours.
• Cook the eggs in a water bath at 64.5 c for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Clean off the whites and pass the yolks through a tamis. Season with lime zest and salt. Reserve in a piping bag.
• Rinse the cherry blossoms to remove the salt and let sit in champagne vinegar for 24 hours.
Spot Prawns with Sea Buckthorn and Yuzu Oil - Serves 4
• Clean the spot prawns, save the heads and shells and slice the meat into thin slivers. Fry the heads in the oil and let cool.
• Cook the seabuckthorn with the sugar for 15 minutes on low then strain. Season with lime juice and salt.
• Place the prawns on a plate and lightly season with salt and drizzle with sea buckthorn sauce and add 4 slices of jalapeño and a drizzle of yuzu oil.