White Truffles are often considered the King of the mushroom kingdom. The aroma of this aromatic fungus is complex. Garlicky with notes of cheese and earth, there is nothing quite like a White Truffle (tuber magnatum pico). Excellent shaved onto risotto, fresh pasta, or even just warm bread and butter.
Regalis Foods directly imports fresh white truffles four days a week, from more than 7 different regions in Italy and across Eastern Europe. While many companies sell truffles, we are the most direct link to our pool of hunters overseas. No one gets a better selection or fresher truffle.
These truffles weigh between 8-20g in size. Looking for larger sized truffles? We have them here!
White Truffle Risotto with Caramelized Porcini Mushrooms & 24 month DOP Parmigiano Reggiano
1. Sauté the minced shallot in butter until soft and translucent, then add porcini mushrooms to caramelize.
2. Add in the dry Carnaroli rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the white wine to cook off the alcohol and slightly reduce, about 2-3 minutes.
3. With the rice mixture over medium high heat, begin ladling the stock one cup at a time into the rice mixture and continuously stir until every cup has evaporated and absorbed into the rice. It’s important to work in batches repeating the addition of stock until the rice is cooked and to your desired al’dente texture.
4. To finish, add the grated Parmigiano Reggiano and stir until incorporated.
5. The final step; shave your fresh white truffle liberally over the cooked risotto with truffle shaver or microplane grater. Enjoy immediately!